📸Assistant Photographer (with option of Apprenticeship route)
Are you passionate about photography and looking for an exciting opportunity to kickstart your career in the world of visual storytelling? We have an opening for an Assistant Photographer at our Award Winning photography studio, with an option to explore an apprentice route for aspiring photographers.
🎯 About Us:
Avon Studios, are a creative, award winning photography studio established for thirty years. We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality, captivating, photography for all our clients, which includes businesses, individuals, and families.
We also have a successful photo retail shop adjacent to the studio, allowing us to preserve and protect our customers’ existing memories with Photo Printing, Photo Restoration, On site Video Transfer and Framing service.
📷 Job Description:
As an Assistant Photographer, you will play a crucial role in supporting our senior photographer during photoshoots and assisting in post-production tasks. This will include going on to complete shoots in your own right using your creative and artistic talent. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Helping to book shoots and taking part in any pre-consultations chats to understand what a customer is after.
- Assisting photographers on location and studio photoshoots.
- Handling and setting up photography equipment, including cameras, lighting, and props.
- Undertaking shoots
- Participating in post-processing tasks, including editing, retouching, and enhancing images using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Partaking in the occasional viewings, helping customers to decide on their final products and bringing their vision to life.
- Collaborating with the creative team to generate innovative ideas and concepts for business development.
🌟 Apprentice Route Option:
For aspiring photographers who have the talent and enthusiasm to develop their skills further, we are offering an exciting apprentice route. As an apprentice, you will have the opportunity to:
- Receive hands-on training from experienced photographers and industry professionals.
- Gain exposure to a diverse range of photography genres and styles.
- Work on real projects and build an impressive portfolio.
- Learn advanced photo editing techniques using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop.
To succeed in this role and be considered for the apprentice route, we are looking for candidates who possess:
- A strong passion for photography and a desire to learn and grow in the field.
- Good customer service skills and an ability to work with all age groups.
- Some knowledge of photography techniques, camera settings, and lighting and in photo editing software, particularly Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. (As Training will be provided).
- Excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail.
- The ability to work well in a team and adapt to fast-paced environments.
📩 How to Apply:
If you believe you have the creative vision and dedication to excel in this role, we’d love to hear from you! To apply for the Assistant Photographer position or the apprentice route, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- A CV showcasing your relevant skills and any photography experience.
- A portfolio of your best photography work (if available). Please provide us with an online link or you can send us images.
- A brief cover letter introducing yourself and explaining why you are interested in this position.
Application Deadline: August 14th 2023 Now Closed
Avon Studios Photography
Do feel free to contact us about our current or future opportunities on 01789 470663 or email email@example.com